However, you can’t beat the feeling of satisfaction when you finish that big project. A novel for example is a big project. It’s a great feeling when you hit that enter key for the last time. So I have here some tips to help with finishing anything….
1. First be sure it’s a project you really want to finish. You should be excited about it, and feel confident you have the ability to do it.
2. Stop being a perfectionist. That inner editor (for us writers) can be a difficult thing.
3. It’s always hard to find time for anything extra, so you need a plan. When will you work on this project? Then stick with it. (If you don’t have time, whatever you do don’t take apart the dirt bike.)
4. Then keep track of your progress.
5. Keep imaging the satisfaction of finishing.
Lastly, you don’t want to find yourself forcing it. If that happens, perhaps the project wasn’t right to begin with and you can always start another one.