Talia has a secret, one that will save her world and yet rip it apart. Only she can decide if the price is worth it.
Scientist Talia Zaryn has always had visions of an alien invasion and of her own death. She’s kept them a secret, hoping they were nothing more than childish nightmares. But when the face in the mirror matches that of her dreams, she knows her death is imminent. Talia must prove that life exists beyond their planet, Sendek; perhaps then people will prepare to fight.
Talia’s work at the Space Exploration Foundation leaves no time for personal relationships, but Major Landry Sutton isn’t looking for a friend. He’s looking for a traitor. His ability to sense emotions convinces him Talia is that traitor until a touch sizzles between them. In an instant their minds are connected and they can communicate telepathically. Just as the two begin to trust each other, the invading force arrives.
Talia and Landry must uncover the secrets of Sendek’s past if they hope to defeat these terrifying creatures. Talia is the key—if only she can learn to trust the magic coursing through her veins.
Charity is here today to tell us why she used Amethyst in Talia's necklace.
Ha! I wish I could say I knew all this stuff before I chose Amethyst, but I didn’t. In fact, this is one of those things that fell into place more beautifully than any plan I could have come up with.
The honest truth is I just love the way amethyst looks. I love the striations, the colors, everything. Originally I picked it simply because it matched Talia’s eyes. And then something happened as the story matured. This necklace that didn’t mean anything in the beginning began to take on a life of its own.
It became Talia’s comfort object. Whenever she was sad, scared, anxious, angry, etc. she would touch this necklace. She liked to rub her fingers along the side and it soothed her. Half way through the story, she loses it and the loss is almost too much for her to handle. Many times over the course of the remaining chapters her fingers brush the bare skin on her neck and she feels the loss all over again.
The necklace became sentimental to me and I had to have one for myself. While browsing through all kinds of online stores I learned things about amethyst that shocked me. Talk about providential! Let me list some of the more pertinent things related to The Magic Wakes.
· This beautiful purple quartz crystal is one of the stones that embody the energy of the violet flame.
· As a quartz crystal it is a strong amplifier of energy—especially healing energies.
· Having a piece in the bedroom will promote restful sleep and peaceful dreaming.
· The Amethyst may also help with healing sadness and grief... and will assist you with inner child healing, as it will allow you to let go of built up melancholy and depression based in the past, as well as helping to dissolve anger, fear and anxiety. (first 4 from Healing Crystals)
· Medieval European soldiers wore amethyst amulets as protection in battle in the belief that amethysts heal people and keep them cool-headed. (Wikipedia)
Now, here’s some other information about amethyst:
Color: violet (light to dark)
Birthstone: February (also November—ancient)
Zodiac: Pisces (also Aquarius, Aries, Capricorn—ancient)